- A large wheel driven by flowing water, used to work machinery or to raise water to a higher level.More example sentences
- Surviving machinery includes a waterwheel, shaft and stones, although it hasn't worked since the 1920s.
- A stone basin, sealed with pitch, was added later, to combat the problem of silting, and this provided drinking water for ships; it also powered a small waterwheel used to raise water from the basin.
- He applied mechanics to improve turbines and waterwheels more than doubling the efficiency of the waterwheel.
More definitions of waterwheelDefinition of waterwheel in:
- The US English dictionary