- A measure of electrical energy equivalent to a power consumption of one watt for one hour.More example sentences
- He lent me a digital power meter that measures both demand in watts and cumulative energy consumption in watt-hours.
- That means that a AA battery can produce 2.8 amps for an hour at 1.5 volts (about 4.2 watt-hours - a AA battery can light a 4-watt bulb for a little more than an hour).
- Approximately two shot glasses of ethanol could yield enough hydrogen to generate 350 watt-hours of electricity, enough to power half a dozen 60-watt lightbulbs for an hour.
More definitions of watt-hourDefinition of watt-hour in:
- The US English dictionary