- 1An amount of electrical power expressed in watts.More example sentences
- The higher the wattage (voltage times amperage), the higher the field.
- So, the resulting wattage of this power supply is 250 rather than 300 watts.
- ‘They've increased the amount of wattage that's delivered,’ he says.
- 1.1The operating power of a lamp or other electrical appliance expressed in watts.More example sentences
- Appliance wattage is usually listed on the manufacturer's label.
- Generally, the bigger the battery, the longer the burn time for the same wattage of lamp.
- Use special, heavy duty extension cords for high wattage appliances such as air conditioners, portable electric heaters, and freezers.
More definitions of wattageDefinition of wattage in:
- The US English dictionary