- A function that satisfies a wave equation and describes the properties of a wave.More example sentences
- The bizarre quantum-mechanical ‘photon’ is described by a wave function that basically can give us probabilities that the photon will hit any point on your detector.
- Shortly after the advancement of the Schrödinger equation German physicist Max Born postulated that the wave function could be used to determine the probability of finding a particle in a particular region at a specific time.
- All objects have a wave function which represents the probability of locating that object at a particular point in space.
More definitions of wave functionDefinition of wave function in:
- The US English dictionary