- Undergo alternate increases and decreases: green sentiment has waxed and wanedMore example sentences
- The organisation has seen its fortunes wax and wane over the past 40 years, reaching the height of its popularity in the 1980s during the Greenham Common cruise missile protests.
- Because the symptoms of fibromyalgia wax and wane, treatment (as with that of other chronic diseases) is an ongoing process rather than management of a single episode.
- Alternative malt beverages have been around for decades, their popularity waxing and waning among young adults.
More definitions of wax and waneDefinition of wax and wane in:
- The US English dictionary