A crested Eurasian and American songbird with mainly pinkish-brown plumage, having small tips like red sealing wax to some wing feathers.
- Genus Bombycilla, family Bombycillidae: three species, in particular the (Bohemian) waxwing (B. garrulus)
More example sentences
- Among birds that can be attracted in the summer are brown thrashers, catbirds, robins, thrushes, waxwings, woodpeckers, orioles, cardinals, towhees and grosbeaks.
- On the lake itself, we mainly saw the same woodpeckers, gulls, goldfinch, robins, waxwings, juncos, and other common birds spotted last year.
- The fruits are red, blue, or black and are quickly consumed in late summer and early fall by finches, game birds, mockingbirds, thrushes, waxwings, and woodpeckers.
Definition of waxwing in:
- The US English dictionary