- (In Indonesia and Malaysia) a theatrical performance employing puppets or human dancers.More example sentences
- One of the significant breakthroughs Poedijono made is his use of English in his wayang (puppet show) performances.
- At the end of the wayang, Twalen and Merdah advise that the ten elements of peace - earth, water, fire, wind, plants, animals, fish, birds, humans and God - must be cherished, nurtured and controlled.
- Wayang is not something reserved to scholars or court people; every villager knows the wayang, uses its example to educate or chastise children, and has his or her own favourite character.
More definitions of wayangDefinition of wayang in:
- The US English dictionary