- another term for vizier.More example sentences
- Set in 11th century Baghdad, the show sets out to entrance us with the way an opportunist street poet tricks a brigand of his money, outwits a power-mad wazir and eventually sees his impoverished daughter married to a handsome caliph.
- Zakraya Khan died on July 1, 1745 A.D. His son Yahya Khan, who was also son-in-law of the chief wazir at Delhi, had no difficulty in securing an appointment as the governor of Lahore.
- As wazir, Safdar Jang diverted imperial funds for his own use, so much so that he was accused of impoverishing the Mughal court.
More definitions of wazirDefinition of wazir in:
- The US English dictionary