(also waz /waz/)
British • informal
- An act of urinating.More example sentences
- Fine if you're just nipping in for a wazz; but anyone who comes in, drops their trousers and sits on the bog will be plunged into darkness before they've finished.
- Suppose I was on a bus and desperately needed a wazz.
- Incidentally, human urine is a rich source of nitrogen, an essential nutrient for kick-starting compost, so feel free to have a wazz in the heap if your neighbours aren't looking.
verb[no object] Back to top
- Urinate.More example sentences
- I feel that I should confess to wazzing in a coffee cup and throwing the contents out of the window.
- Faced with the same impossible task of reaching the Gents, they too followed their leader's example, headed for our corner and happily wazzed away.
1980s: origin uncertain; perhaps an alteration of whizz.