- In a way that lacks strength or force: she leaned weakly against the wallMore example sentences
- She weakly summoned the strength to murmur a goodbye, and then hung up.
- When he let go, Carrie smiled weakly, as the force of the hug had taken a lot out of her, and opened her sketchbook to work on a drawing.
- I smile weakly and am forced to stand as the boat heads back home.
adjective (weaklier, weakliest)Back to top
- Sickly; not robust: if the lambs were weakly we had to feed them by handMore example sentences
- The purpose of an infant incubator is to secure and improve the chances of survival of a premature or weakly infant.
- Frederic Chopin was a weakly child from the first.
- Born the son of a samurai, he was weakly as a child.
- More example sentences
- After a time, I overcame my original weakliness of constitution, and was just a bonny, strong-looking lad, whom every passer-by noticed when my father took me with him to the nearest town.
- If the weakliness is an inherited characteristic, it is unfortunate that the people who have it should have children, because they will pass it on, generation after generation.
More definitions of weaklyDefinition of weakly in:
- The US English dictionary