- 1 [mass noun] The state or condition of being weak: the country’s weakness in international dealingsMore example sentences
frailty, feebleness, enfeeblement, puniness, fragility, delicateness, delicacy, weakliness; infirmity, sickness, sickliness, shakiness, debility, incapacity, indisposition, decrepitude, enervation, fatigue, exhaustion, tiredness• informal weedinessspinelessness, timidity, cravenness, cowardliness, pusillanimity, timorousness, indecisiveness, indecision, irresolution, ineffectuality, uselessness, ineptness, ineptitude, effeteness, meekness, tameness, powerlessness, ineffectiveness, impotence, faint-heartedness• informal chicken-heartednessdefectiveness, faultiness, deficiency, imperfectionuntenability, tenuousness, implausibility, unsatisfactoriness, slightness, poverty, inadequacy, thinness, transparency; unsoundness, flimsiness, lameness, hollownessindistinctness, muffledness, mutedness, faintness, lowness, low intensity; dimness, paleness, wanness, dullness, feebleness
- The nerve condition is characterized by weakness and quick fatigue of facial muscles.
- Other symptoms include general weakness, a weak cry and various neurological disorders.
- Yet it undertakes this task in conditions of profound economic weakness.
- 2A disadvantage or fault: you must recognize your product’s strengths and weaknessesMore example sentences
- You know, we all have our strengths and our weaknesses, our faults and our abilities.
- We know each other's faults and weaknesses and complement each other.
- There are actually numerous ways to intercept packets in Windows, each with their own disadvantages and weaknesses.
- 3A person or thing that one is unable to resist or likes excessively: you’re his one weakness—he should never have met youMore example sentences
- Im normally not much of a collector but books are a weakness of mine.
- French fries are a weakness of mine and I have a hard time saying no to any offering of crisp, golden potato sticks.
- Puppies are my one weakness. I love puppies!
- 3.1 (weakness for) A self-indulgent liking for: his weakness for prawn cocktailsMore example sentences
- I've always had a weakness for the company of good-looking men.
- I invest quite a lot of money for my children, but I also have a definite weakness for shoes - I can't resist them.