- 1Extreme tiredness; fatigue: he began to feel wearinessMore example sentences
- This time, I've not been sleeping from weariness.
- Virtually worn out by the life he has led, there is a weariness in his character's every movement.
- He ran a hand through his unkempt dark hair with undisguised weariness.
- 2Reluctance to see or experience any more of something: growing war-wearinessMore example sentences
- Her lawyer confirmed her client's increasing weariness over the delays.
- Doubtless, the PM's strategy also depends on an increasing weariness over the subject among voters.
- There is also a growing weariness in rural communities over the impacts of the recent war.