- Mentally or physically tiring: it would be a lot less wearing if we could work together amicably a plan of action will make the whole event a less wearing experienceMore example sentences
tiring, exhausting, wearying, fatiguing, enervating, draining, sapping, stressful, weary, crushing; demanding, exacting, taxing, trying, challenging, burdensome, arduous, gruelling, punishing, grinding, onerous, difficult, hard, tough, heavy, laborious, back-breaking, crippling, strenuous, rigorous, uphill
- Fishing the bigger French lakes can be physically wearing and damned hard work.
- Asked if the lack of recuperation time between the seasons is a wearing experience, Foster gives a definitive yes.
- What might be a lot of fun at a rum-fuelled street party makes for a sometimes wearing experience in other contexts.
- More example sentences
- Elsewhere, she puns wearingly on phrases like ‘doing it’ and ‘coming’, like a demented 14-year-old boy.
- At the end, we were left with the unasked question: which are more wearingly tedious, secret loonies who try to walk through walls or whiny conspiracists who live to discover them?
- It is wearingly self-indulgent in the way its author recounts every strategy, replays every achievement, extols every ally.