Causing tiredness; tiring: a long, wearying journey
More example sentences
- And while it makes for a fascinating listen, it also makes for a wearying one.
- Sitting cross-legged on the floor felt rather juvenile, but it was less wearying than standing.
- The wearying and thankless life of a tour manager was not the life he had hoped for though, so in August 1988 he returned to Australia and found a flat in Melbourne.
- Example sentences
- On first listen it seems wearyingly traditional, raspy and sparse in tasteful, expected ways.
- The production isn't without invention and wit, but tired Canadian in-jokes are wearyingly plentiful, and the scripted ad-libs feel heavily deliberate.
- But the drawback of this technique is that the two-act work feels wearyingly episodic; so much is compressed or seems not to develop.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: weary|ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.