Definition of wearying in English:
Causing tiredness; tiring: a long, wearying journey
More example sentences
- And while it makes for a fascinating listen, it also makes for a wearying one.
- Sitting cross-legged on the floor felt rather juvenile, but it was less wearying than standing.
- The wearying and thankless life of a tour manager was not the life he had hoped for though, so in August 1988 he returned to Australia and found a flat in Melbourne.
- Example sentences
- On first listen it seems wearyingly traditional, raspy and sparse in tasteful, expected ways.
- The production isn't without invention and wit, but tired Canadian in-jokes are wearyingly plentiful, and the scripted ad-libs feel heavily deliberate.
- But the drawback of this technique is that the two-act work feels wearyingly episodic; so much is compressed or seems not to develop.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan