noun[mass noun] Nautical
- A tendency in a sailing ship to head into the wind if the tiller is released: the shape of this hull will generate substantial weather helmMore example sentences
- Other than developing considerable weather helm as she heels, she doesn't have any particularly disturbing characteristics under sail.
- The swing centerboard models built after 89 can reduce weather helm by pulling up the board a little.
- Sailboats are usually designed to have a slight amount of weather helm under normal conditions.
More definitions of weather helmDefinition of weather helm in:
- The US English dictionary