verb[with object] US
- Make (a house or other building) resistant to cold weather, typically by adding insulation: the average family could save $350 on their energy bills by weatherizing their homeMore example sentences
- We are going to provide additional tax subsidies for people to weatherize their homes.
- Second thing he says, he wants to weatherize 1 million U. S. homes.
- Most weatherizing tasks are simple enough not to require permits.
More definitions of weatherizeDefinition of weatherize in:
- The US English dictionary