- A tropical ant which builds its nest between leaves that are fastened together using silk secreted by the larvae.
More example sentences
- Genera Oecophylla and Camponotus, family Formicidae
- For example, African weaver ant colonies compete with each other for territories, with one colony eventually excluding the other.
- In Bako National Park on the island of Borneo, a little red Leaf beetle of the subfamily Chrysomelinae has made the mistake of alighting on a tree where a colony of weaver ants has fashioned a nest.
- A University of Massachusetts team has now shown the amazing way they do this, using high-speed photography on honeybees and weaver ants walking on glass, and studying the foot structure under a microscope.