- A very divisive political issue, regarded as a basis for drawing voters away from an opposing party whose supporters have diverging opinions on it.More example sentences
- He's decided to make this a political wedge issue, to placate the cultural conservatives in this country, in order to take away from his failed policies on jobs, health care and schools and his foreign policy.
- He said: ‘The President has allowed his political team to use this war as a political wedge issue to score political points and to divide this nation.’
- But I also believe that this is a wedge issue, that this is something that is often raised to try to divide people.
More definitions of wedge issueDefinition of wedge issue in:
- The US English dictionary