1A person who spends time in a particular place only at weekends: weekenders from the city sat drinking under the trees
More example sentences
- Gradually the character of our villages is changing as we get more and more weekenders or people who commute moving here.
- We get weekenders who become some of our most loyal business.
- There are complaints here among commuters and weekenders about cocks crowing in the early morning and cowpats and mud on the road just as there are in England.
1.1Australian informal A holiday cottage.
- The project retains the distinct sense of a well-used weekender and summer holiday house filled memories of times past.
- His property's less than three hours drive from Sydney, and Sydney people are buying up land for weekenders and hobby farms.
- What's wrong with Mr Armitage having a weekender?
1.2A small pleasure boat.
Words that rhyme with weekenderaddenda, agenda, amender, ascender, attender, blender, Brenda, contender, corrigenda, descender, engender, extender, fazenda, fender, gender, Glenda, Gwenda, hacienda, Länder, lender, mender, offender, pudenda, recommender, referenda, render, sender, slender, spender, splendour (US splendor), surrender, suspender, tender, Venda, Wenda
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: week|end¦er
Definition of weekender in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.