- 1A person who spends time in a particular place only at weekends: weekenders from the city sat drinking under the treesMore example sentences
- Gradually the character of our villages is changing as we get more and more weekenders or people who commute moving here.
- We get weekenders who become some of our most loyal business.
- There are complaints here among commuters and weekenders about cocks crowing in the early morning and cowpats and mud on the road just as there are in England.
- 1.1Australian • informal A holiday cottage.More example sentences
- The project retains the distinct sense of a well-used weekender and summer holiday house filled memories of times past.
- His property's less than three hours drive from Sydney, and Sydney people are buying up land for weekenders and hobby farms.
- What's wrong with Mr Armitage having a weekender?
More definitions of weekenderDefinition of weekender in:
- The US English dictionary