- Be depressing or burdensome to: his unhappiness would weigh on my mind so muchMore example sentences
oppress, lie heavy on, press down on, burden, be a burden on/to, weigh down, cast down, hang over, gnaw at, prey on, prey on someone's mind; trouble, worry, beset, bother, disturb, upset, get someone down, depress, distress, grieve, haunt, nag, torment, afflict, perturb; plague, obsess, take over, take control of
- That depressing trend no doubt weighed on the minds of the delegates who gathered this week in Boston for the Democratic National Convention.
- Despite the burden that weighed on his mind, the swordsman never felt happier in his life.
- Investors worry that high oil prices, which helped boost the trade deficit by 12%, will weigh on the economy and depress stock prices.
More definitions of weigh onDefinition of weigh on in:
- The US English dictionary