The principles or policies associated with a welfare state.
- Months later, many are still surprised, at the state's stern monetary and fiscal policies and with the populist, old-style welfarism of its campaign against hunger.
- The executive wing have no intention of going back to the old days of social democracy and welfarism.
- It is not Treaty settlement legislation but welfarism and bureaucracy, and it needs substantial amendment.
- Example sentences
- The big players in the global economy, not to mention the Bretton Woods institutions simply will not like a government which implements expensive welfarist policies of this kind.
- My position is ultimately that these debates between the social welfarist position and the individual's philosophy are all very interesting, but they're ultimately quite arid.
- In practice, however, rather than replacing the old structures of juvenile justice, the new welfarist principles were simply grafted onto them.
Definition of welfarism in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.