- 1Conducting oneself in an appropriate manner: the crowd was very well behavedMore example sentences
well mannered, polite, civil, courteous, respectful, deferential, obedient, gentlemanly, chivalrous, gallant, ladylike, genteel, cultivated, gracious, obliging, considerate, thoughtful, urbane, civilized, well spoken, formal, proper, decorous, refined, polished, well brought up; orderly, law-abiding, disciplined, peaceful, peaceable, non-violent, tranquil, docile, controlled, restrained, cooperative, compliant• dated mannerly• archaic well conducted, ruly
- We all have a responsibility to deal with people who are drunk and to make sure when bars close people leave in a well-behaved manner.
- These fine young gentleman were well-behaved and very mannerly.
- The end, which is to bring up well-behaved, considerate and law-abiding citizens, justifies the means a thousand-fold.
- 1.1(Of a computer program) communicating with hardware via standard operating system calls rather than directly and therefore able to be used on different machines.More example sentences
- We can handle this with something all well-behaved Linux programs have: Input / Output redirection.
- It is not a well-behaved app and I just avoid any media that requires it now - and it will not be gracing my system anytime soon.
- The same rule applies if you want to have just one well-behaved X application in the other screen.