Definition of well behaved in English:
1Conducting oneself in an appropriate manner: the crowd was very well behaved
More example sentences
- We all have a responsibility to deal with people who are drunk and to make sure when bars close people leave in a well-behaved manner.
- These fine young gentleman were well-behaved and very mannerly.
- The end, which is to bring up well-behaved, considerate and law-abiding citizens, justifies the means a thousand-fold.
well mannered, polite, civil, courteous, respectful, deferential, obedient, gentlemanly, chivalrous, gallant, ladylike, genteel, cultivated, gracious, obliging, considerate, thoughtful, urbane, civilized, well spoken, formal, proper, decorous, refined, polished, well brought up;
orderly, law-abiding, disciplined, peaceful, peaceable, non-violent, tranquil, docile, controlled, restrained, cooperative, compliant
1.1(Of a computer program) communicating with hardware via standard operating system calls rather than directly and therefore able to be used on different machines.
- We can handle this with something all well-behaved Linux programs have: Input / Output redirection.
- It is not a well-behaved app and I just avoid any media that requires it now - and it will not be gracing my system anytime soon.
- The same rule applies if you want to have just one well-behaved X application in the other screen.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.