Definition of well behaved in English:
1Conducting oneself in an appropriate manner: the crowd was very well behaved
More example sentences
- We all have a responsibility to deal with people who are drunk and to make sure when bars close people leave in a well-behaved manner.
- These fine young gentleman were well-behaved and very mannerly.
- The end, which is to bring up well-behaved, considerate and law-abiding citizens, justifies the means a thousand-fold.
well mannered, polite, civil, courteous, respectful, deferential, obedient, gentlemanly, chivalrous, gallant, ladylike, genteel, cultivated, gracious, obliging, considerate, thoughtful, urbane, civilized, well spoken, formal, proper, decorous, refined, polished, well brought up;
orderly, law-abiding, disciplined, peaceful, peaceable, non-violent, tranquil, docile, controlled, restrained, cooperative, compliant
1.1(Of a computer program) communicating with hardware via standard operating system calls rather than directly and therefore able to be used on different machines.
- We can handle this with something all well-behaved Linux programs have: Input / Output redirection.
- It is not a well-behaved app and I just avoid any media that requires it now - and it will not be gracing my system anytime soon.
- The same rule applies if you want to have just one well-behaved X application in the other screen.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan