- 1Based on good evidence or reasons: her fears were well groundedMore example sentences
- On another campaign promise, that of aid to cities, his position is similarly well grounded.
- So the assumption is psychologically well grounded.
- There is need to work out well grounded, multi-faceted and sustainable long-term measures on how to handle and manage drought situations.
- 2Having a good training in or knowledge of a subject: boys who are well grounded in traditional academic subjectsMore example sentences
- Carry on snapping I say, having checked this out with our photographers, who are pretty well grounded in the law of what can or cannot be photographed.
- In the field of science I'm a novice, but I'm well grounded in cow care.
- This wasn't just an argument of extremists, it was an argument of many people who were well grounded in biology.
More definitions of well groundedDefinition of well grounded in:
- The US English dictionary