Definition of well preserved in English:
1(Of something old) having remained in good condition: a well-preserved Neolithic burial chamber
More example sentences
- Although the workshops have been demolished for a health club, and the restaurant has been removed, the Thorndike remains an exceptionally well-preserved and fine example of the best of modernist theatre design.
- ‘It's also quite unique to find well-preserved plant remains in plaster ’, said Bruins.
- This is another well-preserved old town full of beautiful houses, and has a quaint little yachting harbour guarded by stone Bavarian lions on pillars.
1.1(Of an old person) showing little sign of ageing.
- The divorced father of two didn't admit to himself that he was gay until his mid 30s, and he is only now declaring it in public as a remarkably well-preserved man of 53.
- She is a well-preserved fifty-something woman with long blonde hair and the smooth good looks that only very expensive clothes and grooming can achieve.
- He looked like a well-preserved man in his eighties, but no one was sure how old he truly was.
Definition of well preserved in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.