Definition of well preserved in English:
1(Of something old) having remained in good condition: a well-preserved Neolithic burial chamber
More example sentences
- Although the workshops have been demolished for a health club, and the restaurant has been removed, the Thorndike remains an exceptionally well-preserved and fine example of the best of modernist theatre design.
- ‘It's also quite unique to find well-preserved plant remains in plaster ’, said Bruins.
- This is another well-preserved old town full of beautiful houses, and has a quaint little yachting harbour guarded by stone Bavarian lions on pillars.
1.1(Of an old person) showing little sign of ageing.
- The divorced father of two didn't admit to himself that he was gay until his mid 30s, and he is only now declaring it in public as a remarkably well-preserved man of 53.
- She is a well-preserved fifty-something woman with long blonde hair and the smooth good looks that only very expensive clothes and grooming can achieve.
- He looked like a well-preserved man in his eighties, but no one was sure how old he truly was.
Definition of well preserved in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan