(US well traveled)
Definition of well travelled in English:
1(Of a person) having travelled widely.
- There are a lot of very interesting, very smart, very well-traveled people here, people with a lot of experience doing the kind of work I want to do.
- I am a well travelled American and have personally observed this numerous times on my world travels.
- The well-traveled person ‘knows’ distant places and, thus, has often gained new insight into his/her place of origin.
2(Of a route) much frequented by travellers.
- The stairs leading from the servants level to ground were well-travelled routes, with untold scores of menials scurrying to and fro between their masters and duties.
- The trails (most of them traditional, well-traveled routes used in Igloolik for generations) were mainly mapped while traveling, using the track function of a portable GPS unit.
- Of the 37 trails, 23 correspond to traditional, well-traveled routes, while the trail from Igloolik to the floe edge varies slightly from year to year.
Definition of well travelled in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.