- The direction or compass point midway between west and north-west.More example sentences
- Head south-east now along the summit ridge and drop down for a short distance in the same direction before turning west-north-west where the trail begins.
- By late afternoon, the National Hurricane Centre said the tropical depression had been estimated to be 175 miles west of St Lucia and was moving west-north-west.
- The system was said to be moving west-north-west at seven miles per hour, with maximum sustained winds of 35 mph.
More definitions of west-north-westDefinition of west-north-west in:
- The US English dictionary