- • informal Lacking experience; immature: he’s a nice young fellow but a bit wet behind the earsMore example sentences
- Nowadays, 32 seems a bit wet behind the ears to me, but from memory it is about the age that you start to feel like the oldest swinger in town when you step inside a nightclub.
- Tell me son have you ever cut turf before, following up with, it's just that you look a bit wet behind the ears for this job.
- A bit wet behind the ears, and failed to recreate from a place in the starting line-up what he achieved coming off the bench against Tunisia.
More definitions of wet behind the earsDefinition of wet behind the ears in:
- The US English dictionary