- An arrangement covering the hire of an aircraft including the provision of a flight crew and sometimes fuel.More example sentences
- It started by operating Fokker 100 aircraft on wet leases and on charter operations in various countries.
- The wet lease, which will include the aircraft, flight crew and maintenance services, will initially last for three months.
- A-I's 28 new aircraft will replace 11 Airbus 310s and three Boeing 747-200s taken on wet lease.
verbBack to top
- (wet-lease) [with object] Hire (an aircraft) on the basis of a wet lease.More example sentences
- Dutch cabin crews from KLM and Martinair told their management that they would not work if BA tried to wet-lease an aircraft from a Dutch carrier.
- While Capital Airlines had been successful at wet-leasing its obsolescent aircraft to corporations during the mid-1950s, its own operations and finances during that same period were turbulent.
- Occitania has suffered a more serious dip - around 30 percent - in demand for incentive travel, product launch trips and airline wet-lease operations using its Beech 1900 and Fokker F - 100.