- An African stork with grey plumage and a very large bill shaped like a clog. Also called shoebill.
More example sentences
- Balaeniceps rex, the only member of the family Balaenicipitidae
- The shoebill is also referred to as the whale-headed stork and both of these common names reflect the distinct broad bill this bird possesses.
- It is the whale-headed stork which was in cactus Park of Izu.
- Perhaps the most bizarre is the whale-headed stork, with a massive hooked bill used for extracting mudfish from the swamp bed.