- Oil obtained from the blubber of a whale, formerly used in oil lamps or for making soap.More example sentences
- An oil room had a collection of various lubricants, including linseed oil, whale oil, lard, molasses, tallow, and grease.
- That Olympia was once rebuilt for me at a shop in Iceland where they used whale oil to lubricate the mechanism.
- Unlike whale oil, copper wiring and even coal, oil is the foundation of everything we do: farming, fishing, manufacturing, transport, trade.
More definitions of whale oilDefinition of whale oil in:
- The US English dictionary