Definition of whale watching in English:
The practice of observing whales in their natural habitat, typically as part of an organized tourist activity: you can drive down the Big Sur coast and go whale watching in Monterey Bay [as modifier]: the whale-watching season
More example sentences
- Apart from good clothing, you don't really need a huge amount of equipment to go whale watching.
- Wherever whales congregate, you'll find companies offering whale watching tours.
- There are luxurious cruises to the bay, the Isles of Shoals, activities like whale watching, etc.
whale watcher noun
- Example sentences
- A special observation platform attracts hordes of whale watchers.
- Whether you are a birdwatcher, a whale watcher, or just a general wildlife enthusiast, you will enjoy the unspoiled Scottish countryside.
- Calling all whale watchers: Now is the time to start scanning the seas for big mammals.
Definition of whale watching in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.