Definition of whale watching in English:
The practice of observing whales in their natural habitat, typically as part of an organized tourist activity: you can drive down the Big Sur coast and go whale watching in Monterey Bay [as modifier]: the whale-watching season
More example sentences
- Disappointingly, however, bad weather forced the cancellation of my whale-watching trip.
- The increase in whale-watching boats in eastern Taiwan coincides with a period of decline in the fishing industry.
- Whale-watching trips can be arranged locally for about £40.
whale watcher noun
- Example sentences
- The whale watchers were treated to a mother whale and her baby casually playing near the boat.
- A special observation platform attracts hordes of whale watchers.
- Whether you are a birdwatcher, a whale watcher, or just a general wildlife enthusiast, you will enjoy the unspoiled Scottish countryside.
Definition of whale watching in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.