Definition of whale watching in English:
The practice of observing whales in their natural habitat, typically as part of an organized tourist activity: you can drive down the Big Sur coast and go whale watching in Monterey Bay [as modifier]: the whale-watching season
More example sentences
- Disappointingly, however, bad weather forced the cancellation of my whale-watching trip.
- The increase in whale-watching boats in eastern Taiwan coincides with a period of decline in the fishing industry.
- Whale-watching trips can be arranged locally for about £40.
whale watcher noun
- Example sentences
- The whale watchers were treated to a mother whale and her baby casually playing near the boat.
- A special observation platform attracts hordes of whale watchers.
- Whether you are a birdwatcher, a whale watcher, or just a general wildlife enthusiast, you will enjoy the unspoiled Scottish countryside.
Definition of whale watching in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia