- A thing that is shaped like a whale’s back, especially an arched structure over the bow or stern part of the deck of a steamer, or a large elongated hill: [as modifier]: a whaleback ridgeMore example sentences
- Big bare spots opened, where whalebacks of naked bedrock reared up and plunged into ponds.
- From here it appears as a fine conical peak, steep slopes rising smoothly to a narrow crest, a direct contrast to the tor-studded whaleback of distant Ben Avon and the leviathan mass of Cairn Gorm itself.
- Head east now over a broad whaleback to the cairn at 829m, the summit of Brown Cow Hill.
More definitions of whalebackDefinition of whaleback in:
- The US English dictionary