- The practice or industry of hunting and killing whales for their oil, meat, or whalebone: a ban on whaling [as modifier]: the whaling industry whaling nationsMore example sentences
- What is the effect of the increasing whale watching industry, which like whaling before it, ranges from feeding to birthing grounds?
- Despite the ban on commercial whaling, many whales are caught in Korean waters.
- Japan will lead the charge to overturn a ban on commercial whaling when the International Whaling Commission meets in just over a week.
More definitions of whalingDefinition of whaling in:
- The US English dictionary