exclamation , adverb , & pronoun• informal
- Whatever: [as exclamation]: I’m sure someone will disagree with my summary, but whatevs It’s not how I envisioned spending my Friday night. Whatev [as adverb]: we have some potatoes that we could grill too (or mash, or bake, or whatevs) [as pronoun]: I have no set plans and am open to whatevsMore example sentences
- Okay, she's overexposed right now, but whatevs.
- It might seem sorta whatevs nowadays, but in an era when the whole point of American underground rock was to define oneself against the eyeliner-effete English, it took either much focus-grouping and/or mad naiveté to dream up a whole new rock identity.
- My understanding is that this is because funding is now directly tied to 'productivity' and one of the criteria for productivity is how many finished and passed PhDs your department/school/faculty/whatevs can churn out in the shortest possible time.
1990s: alteration of whatever.
More definitions of whatevsDefinition of whatevs in:
- The US English dictionary