- A region where wheat is the chief agricultural product: the recession had hit in the industrial cities and in the wheat beltMore example sentences
- The Selection Acts of the 1860s made land available for smallholders and the successful development of the wheat belt at the end of the nineteenth century was also heavily assisted by governments.
- Vast areas of bush have been cleared for agriculture, particularly in the wheat belt.
- Whether in response to my low mark or symbolic of his general misdirection, he was last heard of driving a tractor at seeding time in the wheat belt some several hundred miles east of Perth.
More definitions of wheat beltDefinition of wheat belt in:
- The US English dictionary