- Flour made from wheat from which some of the bran and germ has been removed: [as modifier]: wheatmeal flour wheatmeal biscuitsMore example sentences
- A flour described as ‘wheatmeal’ without a figure is likely to be paler, and ‘brown’ usually means very pale indeed.
- Their larders would have been stocked well with milk, flour, potatoes, vegetables, eggs, wheatmeal, wholemeal etc. and there would have even been some meat hanging on crooks from the ceiling.
- Biscuits are not quite as difficult in finding substitutions, but all the sweet biscuits should be forgotten and wheatmeal or Milk Arrowroot biscuits be taken instead.
More definitions of wheatmealDefinition of wheatmeal in:
- The US English dictionary