Definition of wheel clamp in English:
A device for immobilizing an illegally parked car.
- Don't try to remove the wheel clamp yourself as you can be accused of causing criminal damages.
- It pays to read the signs before leaving your car in a car park or other private land in England: security guards can impose enormous instant fines, and enforce them by immobilizing your car with a wheel clamp.
- Laurent wasn't very lucky after ending up with a wheel clamp on his Chrysler Voyager people carrier and a £120 fine for failing to pay and display.
verbBack to top
(wheel-clamp) [with object] Immobilize (an illegally parked car) with a wheel clamp.
- A nurse whose car was wheel-clamped on hospital grounds as she dealt with an emergency has threatened her bosses with legal action.
- They will wheel-clamp your car if you don't move.
- The vehicle was wheel-clamped by Carstoppers for parking across two bays on a private car park in Haworth.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan