(also wheeler and dealer)
Definition of wheeler-dealer in English:
A person who engages in commercial or political scheming: he is a great wheeler-dealer in the corridors of power
More example sentences
- For we have had enough of political wheeler-dealers.
- Exclusive Some start-ups are comprised of wide-eyed wheelers and dealers with little technical expertise.
- By picture's end, Shaw has to navigate a thicket of Chinese organized crime figures, politicos and wheeler-dealers - plus his own traitorous colleagues - to save the day and, not incidentally, his own neck.
- Example sentences
- His solace was the absorbing, incestuous, wheeler-dealing of local politics: in the council chamber he wasn't the invalid, he was the star.
- Also, on average, London Labour councils are getting higher grant increases than Conservative councils, which suggests possible political wheeler-dealing.
- Lynn Macgill was amazed to learn how class prejudice and upper-crust wheeler-dealing were rife, especially in setting up Victoria Park.
Words that rhyme with wheeler-dealerappealer, candela, Coahuila, concealer, dealer, feeler, healer, Keeler, kneeler, Leila, peeler, Philomela, reeler, revealer, Schiele, sealer, sheila, Shelagh, spieler, squealer, stealer, tequila, velar, Vila, wheeler
Definition of wheeler-dealer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.