noun (plural wheelsmen)North American
- A person who steers a ship or boat.More example sentences
- McGrath says that the duties of wheelsman in those days were of a much more onerous character than now.
- The Coast Guard's Board of Inquiry was notified, the wheelsman and all parties involved thoroughly questioned.
- He was then mate on the Kitty M. Forbes, wheelsman on the Roumania, and second mate on the W. H. Gilbert.
More definitions of wheelsmanDefinition of wheelsman in:
- The US English dictionary