- 1At whatever time; on whatever occasion (emphasizing a lack of restriction): you can ask for help whenever you need itMore example sentences
- They think they can do or say whatever they want, whenever they want but they are wrong because I plan to fight every step of the way.
- There would no longer be any need to scheduling, as anyone could watch whatever they wanted whenever they wanted.
- You don't need to spend half a grand on it, just whatever you can, whenever you can.
- 1.1Every time that: the springs in the armchair creak whenever I change positionMore example sentences
- Full power is available whenever needed by pressing the pedal to the kick-down position.
- This, he swore, was due to positioning his cap at the rear of the animal whenever it lifted its tail.
- They gifted two killer tries, defended their line badly and failed to execute whenever they got into a good position.
adverbBack to top
- Used for emphasis instead of ‘when’ in questions, typically expressing surprise or confusion: whenever shall we get there?More example sentences
- She enjoys the organized chaos that erupts whenever filming pauses for a commercial break.
- We must be prepared for them to strike whenever and however they can.
- So whenever possible I go to the post office forty minutes walk further from home.
- • informal Or at any time: if you lay eyes on him, either tonight or tomorrow or whenever, call me straight awayMore example sentences
- Procrastination leads to crushing pressure as you realise the night before deadline that your essay is due at 4 pm or whenever tomorrow.
- Likewise, should it have been the same sentiments shared in Caprivi, nothing tomorrow or whenever can stop their call for something different.
- All right, let's fast forward to tomorrow morning, or whenever the dust settles.
See however (usage)
More definitions of wheneverDefinition of whenever in:
- The US English dictionary