- 1In or to whatever place (emphasizing a lack of restriction): meet me wherever you likeMore example sentences
- I'll try and use influences wherever I can, whatever the style.
- I'm not down on people finding love online, in their local supermarket or at the dogs, wherever, whatever, it's all good.
- Whatever and wherever you choose to eat, I hope you enjoy your Branson vacation.
- 1.1In all places; regardless of where: it should be available wherever you go to shopMore example sentences
- I read in your FAQ that the blog posts as the Pacific time zone regardless of wherever you might be posting it.
- Victoria liked the idea of the holiness of the cross watching over her son regardless of wherever he goes in life and whatever he's doing.
- The stress is on working with materials available locally, wherever they are building.
adverbBack to top
conjunctionBack to top
- In every case when: use wholegrain breakfast cereals wherever possibleMore example sentences
- Apply the wax in the direction of the wood grain wherever possible and rub it in gently until the color blends with the floor.
- Although the internet resists regulation, wherever regulation is technically possible, it tends to be pursued.
- I have made a point of buying organic, wherever possible and making sure that there is always raw fruit and veg on hand.
- • informal Or any similar place: they need to keep in touch with their editors in New York or Washington or whereverMore example sentences
- Is seeing where everyone else is at this stage something we need to know we are okay where we are or wherever we're headed?
- It doesn't look as if anyone - in Canberra or London or wherever did much.
- Rent seeking behavior was a typical feature of the former communist states or wherever there exists high state control.
See however (usage)
More definitions of whereverDefinition of wherever in:
- The US English dictionary