- (Of a horse) give a soft breathy whinny.More example sentences
- The horse whickered gently under his breath and Lon smiled.
- She heard horses whickering softly in a nearby stable, owned by Master and Mistress Kaelseen, if she remembered correctly.
- The horse whickered at Tomias, nudging him gently.
nounBack to top
- A whickering sound.More example sentences
- I fell asleep swiftly, the intoxicating scent of horses and the snorts and whickers and stomps becoming a lullaby.
- Screams of townspeople, the roar of the fires, and the frantic whicker of an approaching horse rang through the air.
mid 17th century (in the sense 'to snigger, titter'): imitative.
More definitions of whickerDefinition of whicker in:
- The US English dictionary