- An arachnid that resembles a scorpion, with a long slender tail-like appendage, living in leaf litter and under stones in tropical and semi-tropical regions.
More example sentences
- Order Uropygi
- Young whip scorpions have reddish pedipalps and striped legs; the adults are uniformly brownish.
- The ‘whip’ that gives the whip scorpions their common name, is sensory in nature, not a defensive organ.
- Although they have two small eyes, whip scorpions rely on their first pair of legs to help feel their way around.
More definitions of whip scorpionDefinition of whip scorpion in:
- The US English dictionary