Any of a number of slender fast-moving snakes which often feed on lizards and catch their prey by pursuing it, in particular:
- ● A harmless snake found in Eurasia, America, and Africa (Coluber and other genera, family Colubridae, including the Eurasian C. viridiflavus). ● A venomous Australian snake (Desmansia and other genera, family Elapidae, including the widespread D. psammophis).
More example sentences
- The two native Glass Lizards of Kerkyra occur often together with whip snakes all over the island.
- The only snakes I have come across in any number are whip snakes in the long grass by the roads.
- While there I learned that a species of whip snake had been caught and brought in by a customer.
Definition of whip snake in:
- The US English dictionary