- A long-tailed Australian songbird of the logrunner family, with a call like the crack of a whip.
More example sentences
- Genus Psophodes, family Orthonychidae: two species
- I did not expect to see a noisy scrub-bird, a western bristlebird or a western whipbird.
- There is a small, peaceful valley in Upper Brookfield where the creek still runs clear, the rainforest overhangs the creek and the whipbirds call to their mates with a long, resounding crack.
- I've heard it said that the hardest Australian bird to see is the western whipbird, but I reckon the black-eared miner must come a close second.