Definition of whipped in English:
1Having been flogged or beaten with a whip: a whipped dog
More example sentences
- If anything, they are not different from those vendors Christ whipped out of a church when he found they hard turned the house of God into a market.
- Some gasp when Jesus is whipped, many toss bills and coins into collection buckets being passed around.
1.1 [predicative] North American informal Worn out; exhausted.
2(Of cream, eggs, or other food) beaten into a froth.
- The fresh salmon, which is cured on the premises, made for an excellent sandwich with whipped cream cheese, red onions and capers.
- We had a nice, crusty baguette and one of the guests brought an orange pound cake served with strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.
- Blini, to be authentic, should be made from a batter of buckwheat flour leavened with yeast, and further lightened with beaten egg white and whipped cream.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.