adjective (whippier, whippiest)
Flexible; springy: new growths of whippy sapling twigs
More example sentences
- Wooden clubs required two properties: a head sufficiently hard to withstand successive hits on the ball and a springy or whippy, shaft.
- We still had the Labrador and resolved to dispatch it home whatever, which proved a great game, and we only succeeded by shouting and waving long whippy sticks.
- Select a long whippy stem that is close to the ground.
- Example sentences
- All I looked for was a straight stick with a good tip, and the thought of shaft stiffness or whippiness never crossed my mind.
- The beauty of this design is that it allows you to control the point, without any wobble or whippiness.
- A player will eventually prefer a certain degree of whippiness that will be factored into that particular player's approach and timing crucial to hitting a polo ball.
Words that rhyme with whippychippy, clippie, dippy, drippy, grippy, hippy, Lippi, lippy, Mississippi, nippy, slippy, snippy, tippy, trippy, Xanthippe, zippy
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: whippy
Definition of whippy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.