A butterfly which has dark brown wings bearing a broad white band.
- Subfamily Limenitinae, family Nymphalidae: several genera, in particular Ladoga (including the European L. camilla) and Basilarchia (American species)
More example sentences
- The Butterfly House is under a tent in the summer where the white admiral butterfly reigns as Quebec's official insect.
- The white admiral feeds on flower nectar, the juice of overripe fruit and the sap of damaged trees.
- It is likely that over the next few years we may see white admirals returning to some of their old Essex haunts.
More definitions of white admiralDefinition of white admiral in:
- The US English dictionary