Definition of white belt in English:
1A white belt worn by a beginner in judo or karate.
- And one must not forget the half dozen individuals who have trained with us regularly for several years and still wear white belts, thanks to our ‘no grading’ policy.
- The protégé of Bruce Lee and a black belt in many martial arts, he is always the first to tie on a white belt and try something that he is not good at.
- At first of course, I had a white belt, and when I attained a higher grade, I took it home and dyed it.
1.1A person wearing a white belt.
- Group 1 consists of white belts that have just started Judo training or have been in training for no more than one month.
- There were evenings when we had only black belts; white belts would come in, but they would usually drop right out.
- As a white belt (starting over in a new Shorin Ryu style of karate), I am not in the position to do that kind of thing.
Definition of white belt in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan