Definition of white cedar in English:
1A North American tree of the cypress family.
- Thuja and other genera, family Cupressaceae: several species, in particular Thuja occidentalis, which yields timber and medicinal oil
- The view should be almost a monochrome of the dark greens of Atlantic white cedar and cypress.
- Plants affected by deer overgrazing include trees, such as eastern hemlock and white cedar, and wildflowers, particularly trilliums, orchids, and lilies, reports Rooney.
- Mike Bryant, who manages the Alligator River and Pea Island wildlife refuges on the North Carolina coast, has a stack of tasks as tall as the white cedars he works in.
2chiefly Australian The chinaberry.
- A similar-sized alternative to consider is the white cedar, which is one of the few deciduous trees native to Australia.
- He said he has two ghost gums which are about 15 metres from his white cedar tree and hopes to eventually replace the cedar tree with them.
Definition of white cedar in:
- US English dictionary